Sunday, June 10, 2012

Portable repair workshop

I sometimes found myself in those situations where I wish I'd have at least ONE SIMPLE FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER... And it didn't happen just once. So to be prepared for every common situation, I threw in a box what I think is essential to have when not at home.

Here's "the toolbox". I'll try to find something fancier, I don't like that one.
It includes:
-A portable soldering iron (lasts for about 20 minutes with a full tank, bought it for less than 10 bucks)
-A multimeter (low profile, cannot measure amps, but good enough to test continuity and voltage)
-Foldable pliers (I've got to find something lighter, that makes half of the weight of the entire toolbox)
-A small flashlight
-Bits and screwdriver (+ a small Philips for smaller screws)
-Cutter blade
-Metal saw blade
-A small roll of duct tape (actually, an old adhesive tape roll, with a few turns of duct tape)
-A lighter (not in the picture)
-A small bit of heatshrink tubing
-A nail (inside the heatshrink tubing)
-Coil wire + normal pieces of wire (inside the tubing aswell)
-Small pieces of sandpaper
-CA glue
-A hot glue stick (meltable with the lighter)
-Tin for the iron
-A list with all the tools and a resistor color code reminder.
The only thing missing is the lighter/
 I hope that with those tools, I'll be prepared for most cases of electronics breaking down. On the downside, I'd have to remove the iron and the lighter if I wanted to take it on a plane...

No comments:

Post a Comment